Our loving God hears our prayers. Niger needs our prayers. Would you join us in prayer?
How to partner in prayer with the SIM Galmi Hospital:
Pray for the People of Niger
The most recent Human Development Report lists Niger at the very bottom, reflecting the low life expectancy, poor education and pervasive poverty that challenge the people of Niger. There are over 25 million people in this country, and very few have heard the good news of Jesus. Only 0.6% of Niger’s population profess to be Christian. Islam is the dominant religion.
- That God would be at work in Niger, drawing people to Himself
- For the church in Niger, that in the face of persecution and challenges associated with being a minority group in this context, she would be strong and courageous, yet gentle and known for her love of others
- For the many people who have never heard the saving name of Jesus, that they would hear and believe
- That the unreached would be reached, from those in the highest levels of politics, to the refugees in the south east; from urban dwellers to nomadic herders; Hausa, Zarma, Fulani, Songhai, Tuareg, Kanuri, Tubu, Yoruba, Arabs – pray that people from every tribe and community in Niger will come to know the love of Jesus
- That the burden of disease will decrease and life expectancy will increase for the Nigerien people
- That fewer women will die in childbirth, and fewer children die of malnutrition, malaria and typhoid
- For education for children that prepares them for life
- That men and women will have better job opportunities
- For good crops and harvest, and for the economy of this nation
- That God would have mercy on the people of Niger
Pray for the SIM Galmi Hospital
Our mission is to glorify the name of Jesus Christ by demonstrating the love of God through physical and spiritual healing, proclaiming the gospel, and making disciples. As we seek to address both the physical and spiritual challenges that Nigeriens face, please pray:
- That Jesus will be glorified
- That people’s lives will be transformed when they come to Galmi Hospital
- That we can provide compassionate care in this resource-poor context
- That many lives will be saved and much suffering eased through the work of Galmi Hospital
- That God would equip us for the task with the resources that we need: personnel, infrastructure, and funding for our projects
Pray for the Multicultural Team Working at Galmi Hospital
Our team is comprised of many committed local staff, as well as missionaries sent from many different countries. Pray:
- That God would equip us for the task, united and strengthened by his Spirit. It can be difficult work
- That we might find rest in Him
- That the Nigerien people will know that we are Jesus’ disciples by our love for one another: a love that crosses barriers of race, language and culture.
We look forward to giving thanks to our Father for the gracious favour granted us in answer to your prayers. Thank you for partnering with us in this way.